Defenders of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomepageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GodfatherScar
Forum Beginner II
Forum Beginner II
GodfatherScar

Gemini
Dog

Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] Empty
PostSubject: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

First name:Mitchel
Gamertag: GodfatherScar
Why you want to join: i like to make signatures for people when i can
Designing experience:about a year and a half i suppose
How did you first get into designing: random interest after seeing masterleaf's work
Program you use: photoshop cs4 master collection (with all adobe programs)
Five of your favorite tags by you:
Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] OptimusPrime
Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] GodfatherScarEarth
Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] Freeman
Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] Untitled-25-2
Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] HollowMax12321
i do have another tag that i would've put up here but i am unsure of your policy on more controversial tags

Do you agree to follow the rules: yes
Back to top Go down
IGE Master iX
Founder
Founder
IGE Master iX

Libra
Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:46 pm

If you're talking about the California Weed tag, I don't care. The only word that's censored on this site is the derogatory version of the "n" word. That should say something, lol.

As for the application, I'll say that you're good, but there are areas that you need to work on.

Flow
From the tags you've posted here, the only one that's on the right path towards good flow is the KoG Weaksauce one.

Depth
As above, there is only one tag on here that is in the right direction for depth—Max's.

Text
Your text is following that old SYN style, I can see it clearly. Wink You gotta shake that, because I'm gonna teach you the real art of tag-making—the real complexities of it. One of the parts of that is learning how to actually do text lol. It's gotta blend in, and shouldn't distract from the focal, which yours does. SYN text usually tends to be too large and is very obtrusive ... not good for the art of it.

Focals
I see your C4D's and some of your background really obstructing your focal, so we'll work on that too. Smile

So I'll accept your application, but you won't be a full member of the Design Team until you go through the schooling session which happens every month or so whenever there's new members. So if no one else applies soon, then I'll go ahead and start with you.

Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://defendersofgaming.forumotion.com
GodfatherScar
Forum Beginner II
Forum Beginner II
GodfatherScar

Gemini
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:42 pm

ok, sounds good, but just a couple of things.....

1. i do believe that the optimus prime tag does have flow, in a v pattern. and so does max's, to the upper left.

and not to be rude, but i don't see much flow in your signature tag either, i see an orange and a red beam on one side, and little light rays on the other.
2. i don't see much wrong with the text. too much blending and there can be complications with reading it, thus the text standing out.
3. i'm not sure what you mean about the c4d's, the focals are fairly clear on my screen, maybe it's a difference in monitors? is your's lcd or a crt monitor? the difference is colors. crt monitors don't have as many color blends and so a great pic on my screen could look like shit on yours. it just depends, the only tag that might be obstructed is the gordon freeman sig, but even that is not too bad
Back to top Go down
IGE Master iX
Founder
Founder
IGE Master iX

Libra
Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

GodfatherScar wrote:
ok, sounds good, but just a couple of things.....

1. i do believe that the optimus prime tag does have flow, in a v pattern. and so does max's, to the upper left.

Flow doesn't go in a "V" pattern unless the focal/render does as well. You'll see what I mean when you go through the schooling stuff.

GodfatherScar wrote:
and not to be rude, but i don't see much flow in your signature tag either, i see an orange and a red beam on one side, and little light rays on the other.

When you have a render like I had there, the flow can be in a few different ways, I chose to have it come from behind.

GodfatherScar wrote:
2. i don't see much wrong with the text. too much blending and there can be complications with reading it, thus the text standing out.

Text is not supposed to stand out, it's supposed to blend. Like I said, the art of tag-making usually excludes text, but for signatures, we usually have to put text. When you have to, you make it blend in. You want people to like the artwork in the sig and not focus so much on text because good text that blends in with the focal is what makes a good piece of art. Text that stands out a lot—near the focal or not—is distracting.

GodfatherScar wrote:
i'm not sure what you mean about the c4d's, the focals are fairly clear on my screen, maybe it's a difference in monitors?

What I'm trying to say is that the focal are messy. I've looked at your tag on both a CRT and an LCD monitor and I see the same thing. We'll just work on cleaning up your focals and good placement with C4D's and such.
Back to top Go down
IGE Master iX
Founder
Founder
IGE Master iX

Libra
Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 am

Okay Godfather. Ready for your homework? Smile

Make me a tag with good flow and a tag with a happy, bubbly theme.

For the flow, this means find a render or a stock that definitely has a direction. Once you find one of these, make a tag with it. For the bubbly theme, I don't literally mean "bubbles," I mean light-hearted and happy. try and make them both as good as you can. Smile

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GodfatherScar
Forum Beginner II
Forum Beginner II
GodfatherScar

Gemini
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 am

sorry for some reason whenever i logged on it wouldn't take, but now i think i got it.....while i was not able to log in, i was able to edit this wallpaper for a game that is pretty cool.......

Back to top Go down
IGE Master iX
Founder
Founder
IGE Master iX

Libra
Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Make it smaller so I can see the whole thing, please. Smile
Back to top Go down
GodfatherScar
Forum Beginner II
Forum Beginner II
GodfatherScar

Gemini
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper-small
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]   Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godfadda's app :P~~ <---drooling [IN PROGRESS]
Page 1 of 1